Coach your ‘inner critic’ and step into your greatness
As we go into the new year I would like you to think about giving something up. I don’t mean the extra biscuit, glass of whine or that toxic friend. I mean something closer to home.
My challenge to you is to give up letting your ‘inner critic’ rule you. You know that voice, the one who gets you to be smaller than you are and gets you to play it safe.
Susan Brady who works with women leaders, provides in this short video, a good basis from which to start giving up the tyranny of your ‘inner critic’. Susan asks us to coach your ‘inner critic’ rather than let it coach you. Her top tips in this video are:
- Give up perfection and get comfortable with being imperfect
- Vulnerability is ok too, make it ok for others to be vulnerable too
- Know your enough, right now, as you are
- Separate worthiness (what you are born with) from confidence (which comes from action)
- Know that the more you engage, the louder the critic will become- strengthen your courage
My message to you as 2015 draws a close: don’t make yourself small, go big in 2016.
Enjoy the video.