75 days ago, I set a 60 day challenge to walk 10,000 steps a day to boost my happiness levels and wellbeing and in turn improve outcomes at work. The photos above are from my daily walks. I fit them in wherever I can – which is really great.
How is this different
I wanted to test the theories in the the Ted talks and see for myself and report back, rather than just curate what others have said. I wanted to answer the question, does being healthier really make a big difference at work.
How can it help
Well as you know this challenge was originally 60 days and I extended it to 90 days because I was so pleased with the impact. So what have been the benefits at work:
- Greater levels of focus – helps with doing complex taks
- Deeper sleep – great for early start sand getting more done in the day
- Great way to mange change – in a work environment which has lots of change walking keeps me in a constructive mood.
Plus there are loads of other benefits:
- its free-enough said on that one
- its social – at the weekend I go on walks with my partner – its a fun way to catch up
- its thinking time – its great to get out and think through things in a fresh way, a lot like Nilofer’s talk I highlighted in the last post but one.
Let me know how your doing. Not long till the 90 days are up!